sunnydaytodaymamasunnydaytodaymamasunnydaytodaymamasunnydaytodaymamasunnydaytodaymamasunnydaytodaymamasunnydaytodaymama

28 July 2012

Scooby Doo sand play



At the end of June we made a mini sandpit and after my last post it soon became a Scooby Doo sandpit. We buried some clues for Scooby and the Mystery Inc. gang to find.



Sunnyboy then asked if we could make an underwater Scooby Doo mystery in the sandpit and gave me instructions on how to set it up ready for him to play with the next morning. I included more clues,



a box of missing jewels,



seaweed,



and covered the sandpit with sheer blue fabric for the water, as instructed by Sunnyboy.



As a finishing touch I made some mini burgers for Scooby and Shaggy.





Since then we've set up more Scooby Doo mysteries in our sandpit and currently it's an Egyptian mystery. We replaced the washing up bowl with a jam pan so we could use the washing up bowl for Scooby Doo water play.









Scooby Doo water play

If you have a post about a summer project or activity, or any post with a summer theme, we'd love you to link up at our All Year Round Blog Carnival: Summer, which is open for new links until 31st August.

sunnydaytodaymama

Click here to see the play, crafts and learning ideas blog link-ups we share at.

7 comments:

  1. I just love these mysteries that you and Sunny Boy created with the Scooby Doo characters! How nice that he had a hand in creating the scenes. Oh, and the burgers add that special touch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do have some wonderful ideas. I love the idea of mysteries in a sand pit! Thanks you for sharing on Country Kids

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like shaggy and co have had some great outdoor fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, how fun!! I loved Scooby Doo when I was a kid. Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to love Scooby Doo when I was a kid too! How much fun. Thanks for linking up to the Outdoor Play Party.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooh fantastic! My children love Scooby Doo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic ideas, I love that you created mysteries! Thanks so much for linking up. x

    ReplyDelete