sunnydaytodaymamasunnydaytodaymamasunnydaytodaymamasunnydaytodaymamasunnydaytodaymamasunnydaytodaymamasunnydaytodaymama

22 January 2013

More snow - tiddely-pom

The more it
SNOWS - tiddely-pom,
The more it
GOES - tiddely-pom,
The more it
GOES - tiddely-pom,
On
Snowing.

And nobody
KNOWS - tiddely-pom,
How cold my
TOES - tiddely-pom,
How cold my
TOES - tiddely-pom,
Are
Growing.

He sang it like that, which is much the best way of singing it, and when he had finished, he waited for Piglet to say that, of all the Outdoor Hums for Snowy Weather he had ever heard, this was the best. And, after thinking the matter out carefully, Piglet said:
     'Pooh,' he said solemnly, 'it isn't the toes so much as the ears.'




If you have a post with an winter theme, we'd love you to link up at our All Year Round Blog Carnival: Winter, which is open for new links until March.

sunnydaytodaymama





sunnydaytodaymama

5 comments:

  1. Definately the best Outdoor Hum for Snowy Weather! We love you Pooh and Piglet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my most favourite snowy poems ever!
    So good to be back online and catch up with your lovely & inspiring blog.

    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I used to have a little book of Pooh quotes. I wonder what happened to it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! I used to have a little book of Pooh quotes - he always got it spot on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is too cute. Loved Pooh Bear and his pals as a child.

    ReplyDelete