sunnydaytodaymamasunnydaytodaymamasunnydaytodaymamasunnydaytodaymamasunnydaytodaymamasunnydaytodaymamasunnydaytodaymama

16 February 2009

Babywearing Blogger

I'm a Babywearing Blogger! I carried Sunnyboy from birth. We started with a BabyBjorn which I soon realised wasn't a good choice so we got an Ergo which we loved and used until very recently when we moved on to a Toddler Patapum. We also have wraps (a woven wrap and a home-made gauze wrap), hip-carriers (home-made and bought) and a podeagi. Sunnyboy walks most places now but he's still carried 2-3 times a week. I've been passionate about babywearing since reading The Continuum Concept by Jean Leidloff when I was pregnant and it's been wonderful for both Sunnyboy and me. There's loads of information about babywearing and different types of slings/carriers at TheBabyWearer.com

Some interesting links:
The Importance of the In-Arms Phase by Jean Liedloff
Great things about babywearing
Attachment Parenting - The ERGO Baby Carrier
How to Carry a Baby in a Bed Sheet (or shawl, or rebozo, or shorty…)
'Baby toting' in 1963 - CBC Archives
Flickr: Simple/ethnic baby carriers
Flickr: Babywearing!


Sunnyboy at 6 months

1 comment:

  1. i too was a baby wearer until my children decided they wanted no more of it. i miss those days. it was so much fun.

    ReplyDelete