sunnydaytodaymamasunnydaytodaymamasunnydaytodaymamasunnydaytodaymamasunnydaytodaymamasunnydaytodaymamasunnydaytodaymama

10 December 2011

What happened

We thought both babies had gone so when I found out one was still there and still growing it was the most amazing feeling. I didn't understand how but we had a miracle and we had hope. To be pregnant and to have hope was so special. When I found out the pregnancy was ectopic the doctors weren't certain if the baby was in my fallopian tube, or if it was just outside or on my ovary. Of course I became fixated on how that could happen. The remaining left tube had been blocked for over twenty years, how could an embryo get through it? The baby was growing inside my tube though and now I think I understand how. Sunnyboy said to me "The baby must've been holding on to you really tight to stay and not get washed away by the blood." so we've been looking at diagrams of the female reproductive system. I'd wanted to be looking at pictures of a growing baby not pictures of an empty uterus. I understand how but I don't understand why.

4 comments:

  1. What an amazing kid Sunnyboy is. I'm so sad for you both, this is such a tragedy. Sending much love and best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sunnyboy is amazing. So sorry for both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry for you and your family. However, I am glad you are ok. This happened to my mother and we almost lost her.

    ReplyDelete