sunnydaytodaymamasunnydaytodaymamasunnydaytodaymamasunnydaytodaymamasunnydaytodaymamasunnydaytodaymamasunnydaytodaymama

5 October 2009

The Story of the Root-Children

Our best charity shop find last week was The Story of the Root-Children by Sibylle von Olfers.




'Mother Earth opened the door. Then out into the lovely warm spring sunshine came the stately procession of beetles, ladybirds and root-children with their blades of grass and flowers.'

Find out more about Book Sharing Monday at Serendipity.

6 comments:

  1. We love that book! I can't believe you found it at a thrift shop! What a wonderful thrifting find. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love that story too and have red it quite a few times lately,

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a delightful find.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book sounds very interesting, I've just requested it from our library.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That sounds like a neat book. It is definitely beautiful to look at, and probably very compatible with my new Waldorf eyes. :) Nice find.
    Our most recent find was 2 real to life horse figurines for DD's horse barn.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOOHHH!!!!! THANK YOU!!! My kindergarten classroom had this magical book, but I have never seen it since and didn't know the title. Now that I do, I've found that another branch in my library system has it and I can request it! My 4-year-old loves to think about little creatures living in odd places.

    ReplyDelete