sunnydaytodaymamasunnydaytodaymamasunnydaytodaymamasunnydaytodaymamasunnydaytodaymamasunnydaytodaymamasunnydaytodaymama

13 November 2009

Sunnyboy's charity shop finds

One of the reasons I've always loved charity shopping is that I never know what treasures I'll find and now I also enjoy seeing what treasures Sunnyboy finds. Last week at the charity shop where we work Sunnyboy bought a Star Wars plaster moulding and painting set for £1 and the next day asked Nozy to help him make the models.



The day after that the models were dry and Sunnyboy painted them. Here are Sunnyboy's completed models of Yoda, R2-D2, Darth Vader and C-3PO, which he was very pleased with.



Later in the week we were charity shopping and Sunnyboy found this little floral ornament for 45p (not sure who was pricing bric-a-brac that day but Sunnyboy thought it was a bargain). It now has pride of place on top of our television.



This week all Sunnyboy bought was a 10p Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle, but he's looking out for a Green Goblin as he's currently fascinated by Spider-Man (he already has a charity shop Spider-Man toy). I think some webbing and the ability to crawl on walls and ceilings are also on his wishlist.


"Mama do turtles live in ponds and catch fish in nets?"

See more We Made It! projects at The Ramblings of a Crazy Woman
See more secondhand treasures at 2nd Time Around Tuesday
See more thrifty finds at Thrifty Thursday
See more Frugal Fridays at Life as Mom

18 comments:

  1. What great finds! I love that you and Sunnyboy volunteer at the charity shop. What great life lessons he is learning there. His models look lovely, and he must have been so proud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And boy! He is growing too as big as his finds. Marvelous pretty collection he got!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow~ Star Wars figurines! Self painted ones too! Now that is one good deal to buy! Love the one on the telelvision :) So sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool Star Wars figures, and love the ornament :D xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those Star Wars plaster moulding characters are so colorfully painted! They must be nicely kept by Sunnyboy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this kind of treasures !

    ReplyDelete
  7. good finds! It's inspiring me to go thrifting today--we haven't been in so long :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What great finds! I love how Sunnyboy painted the Star Wars characters!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What fun finds, and Sunnyboy did an excellent job of painting his Star Wars figurines!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My boys wouldlove those Star War figures. I love finding surprise treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So love his imagination ;). I'm going to treasure the imagery of turtles fishing with nets.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great finds! My boy and I love a good rummage at the charity shops too :o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love love LOVE charity shops. Some of our best things have been found in them :)

    (We have a green goblin if you have had no luck finding one)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh- my little guy would love them too- he is a HUGE Star Wars fan. I think I'll keep a look out for those figurines :)

    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think the colorfully painted Star Wars figures are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh how fun! My son would have love to paint those too. I love it when I find good deals on things that keep the kiddos entertained.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love that he painted them himself and in his own way! LOVE that! Great deals! Thanks for linkig up this week to Thrifty Thursday! Have a wonderful, blessed Thanksgiving. Thanks for being a Bloggeritaville friend!!!I am thankful for you!
    Hugs!
    Leigh
    Tales from Bloggeritaville
    www.lbratina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete