sunnydaytodaymamasunnydaytodaymamasunnydaytodaymamasunnydaytodaymamasunnydaytodaymamasunnydaytodaymamasunnydaytodaymama

8 May 2012

Our favourite summer books

All Year Round is a quarterly link collection of spring, summer, autumn and winter posts sharing seasonal thoughts, pictures, activities, crafts, recipes, books, art, nature study, projects, celebrations and more. The All Year Round Blog Carnival: Spring is open until 14th May so there's still time to join us and link up your old and new spring posts.

The All Year Round Blog Carnival: Summer begins on 15th May. You're very welcome to get a button and let your friends know about the carnival. You can find out more about All Year Round here and also follow All Year Round on Pinterest. We're looking forward to seeing your summer links.

sunnydaytodaymama

Carnival co-hosts:
sunnydaytodaymama, Mama Smiles, Winding Circle,
The Mahogany Way, Smiling like Sunshine, Home Baked,
famiglia&seoul, All Things Beautiful, Like Mama~Like Daughter,
Plain Vanilla Mom, Little Homeschool Blessings, Simple Whimsy,
2 Big, 2 Little, jabberwocky

If you'd be interested in hosting the carnival at your blog too please let me know in the comments or contact us here.

These are some of the summer books we've enjoyed in previous years.

Curious George at the beach

"It's very warm today, George,"
said the man with the yellow hat.
"Let's go to the beach."
Curious George at the Beach by Margret and H.A. Rey

I am a Bunny

'I chase the butterflies,
and the butterflies chase me.'
I am a Bunny by Ole Risom (with illustrations by Richard Scarry)

The Carrot Seed

'A little boy planted a carrot seed.'  
The Carrot Seed by Ruth Krauss

Summer Carnival
Our favourite summer activities
All Year Round Blog Carnival: get a button
All Year Round Pinterest
sunnydaytodaymama

10 comments:

  1. Oh, the carrot seed book-- I love that story.

    Aloha,
    Following ya from Bloggy Moms. We're riding the wave of life at localsugarhawaii.com one epic adventure at a time and I'd love it if you'd join us for the ride.

    xoxo,
    Nicole
    localsugarhawaii.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousMay 09, 2012

    It's great to get some ideas on what to read to kids. I have to admit my husband does most of the reading, but since he works and I'm with her all day, it's their little bonding time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to read "The Carrot Seed" with my kids!

    Thank you for sharing with Learning Laboratory at Mama Smiles =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can definitely recommend it, it's a lovely book! :)

      Delete
  4. These are a fabulous roundup. I'm also partial to Planting a Rainbow by Lois Ehlert. It's definitely a mommy book. IM a new follower stopping over from Sharing Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We haven't read that one, I'll look out for it! Thank you for following! :)

      Delete
  5. Those look like some good books, I must admit I've never read any of them though. Will have to find them and read them with my little ones
    I would love to host the carnival, if I still can :)
    Thanks for sharing at this weeks Kid's Co-op

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We would love you to join us hosting the carnival! I called by at your blog and have emailed you with the summer carnival details. Thank you! :)

      Delete
  6. Ooh, you listed some of our favorites as well. Throw in My Garden and Little White Rabbit both by Kevin Henkes and you would have just about all of ours. Thank you for sharing them at Sharing Saturday!! I hope you are having a wonderful week!!

    ReplyDelete