sunnydaytodaymamasunnydaytodaymamasunnydaytodaymamasunnydaytodaymamasunnydaytodaymamasunnydaytodaymamasunnydaytodaymama

8 December 2009

The Winter Fair and a book stall

Saturday was the highlight of the year for our local community, when shops, businesses and community groups the entire length of the road take part in the annual Winter Fair. In previous years we've walked along the whole road visiting different venues along the way but this year we decided to stay at our Housing Co-op, which was hosting stalls and performances throughout the day. We'd arranged to hold a secondhand book stall and Sunnyboy's Nana, Duba and Nozy all helped out with that. It was a fantastic day and we had lots of fun while also selling lots of books at the same time.

First to perform were the Morris Men with their bells, handkerchiefs and sticks. Sunnyboy has enjoyed watching Morris dancing since his first Winter Fair at three months old, when they made him smile and laugh.







The Ladies Riot were performing too,



and the Molly Dancers.







We saw a little bit of the rest of the Fair at lunch-time when Sunnyboy, Duba and me walked down to the Baptist church for lunch at their Winter Fair cafe.







On the way back from lunch we came across The Sonic Manipulator (who we first saw in the summer at the festival we took to Necessary Room).





Back at the Co-op the Samba Band had arrived.







Sunnyboy found it all a bit noisy so decided to go with his Nana for her lunch break and headed off back to the Baptist church cafe with her. They stayed to take part in some of the children's activities and Sunnyboy returned with a lovely homemade bookmark that we've hung up in our living room as our first winter decoration.

At the Co-op the entertainment continued until after dark and then we packed up our stall and went home to play with Sunnyboy's new balloons.

The view from our book stall






The bubble machine


See other people's worlds at My World Tuesday
See more outdoor pictures at Outdoor Wednesday

22 comments:

  1. Oh, I love fairs! And your photos are terrific -- made me feel like I was there for real!! I bet the young man had a great time, too!

    Enjoy your week!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great time for everyone. Wonderful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a fun event! Not too cold either?

    Shane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a fair I would love to go to! I love all the pictures, and I like your last one the most! sunnyboy enjoying the bubbles.

    Of course the one as your header is so beautiful :). I love that too though not included in the post ^_^.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The fair looks like fun for Sunnyboy. Great photos of the dancers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love this sort of thing, it really puts me in the christmas mood!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a fair worth traveling for. And all close by. yay for you. I love the book shots. I'm a bookic. Love them, store them, share them. Loving your new header.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely fair and sunnyboy had a great day I am sure

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks like such fun! I love fairs such as this one.

    You captured the magic. Thanks so much for sharing it with us all.

    I would love for you to stop by and say hi!

    TTFN~~ Claudia ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh that looks like fun- the Molly Dancers wear wonderful colors. It is cold and rainy here tonight and your hot roasted chestnuts sound inviting.
    Happy Outdoor Wednesday-

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great captures of pure fun! A fair that includes dancers is not to be missed! Fun post!

    ReplyDelete
  12. We Brits are good at street fairs! It's not often we see Morris dancers.. And roasted chestnuts - mmm.. that spells winter for me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks like the kind of fair just about anyone could enjoy! I love watching Morris dancing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm loving the Molly Dancers...very fun. And I personally think we should each have a bubble machine. Hope you have a grand day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like a good time was had by all! The Molly Dancers have to be my favorites though with their outlandish costumes. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The costumes are all so colorful...but you know which photo I love?!!! The one with her holding the orange juice!!!!


    My Wednesday post is published. I hope you can find time to visit with me. It's found Here

    ReplyDelete
  17. That was so lovely and so different from things around here. This is one reason I love Outdoor Wednesday. We get to visit new places and see new and interesting things. Thanks for sharing.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a wonderful community event! I can see where it might, at times, be overwhelming to a little one. You provide such wonderful experiences for your boy. He is a fortunate child. Have a great Outdoor Wednesday and enjoy the holiday to come.

    ReplyDelete
  19. That looks like a great event. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great fair, so much happening. Wish I had been there.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I so enjoy a good street fair, and this one looks like it was terrific fun. Thanks for sharing the photos. ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete